George Bobnak has extensive experience representing a broad range of clients including Fortune 500 companies in complex commercial litigation and toxic tort claims. Mr. Bobnak manages and handles the regional day-to-day defense for a number of firm clients in mass toxic tort matters. Mr. Bobnak has represented a national residential home builder/developer in construction litigation, and a distributor of specialty chemicals in defense of a toxic tort claims.
For more than 25 years George “Jerry” Bobnak has been practicing general civil litigation with a special emphasis on asbestos tort litigation. In addition to generally focusing his litigation practice on commercial disputes, transportation loss, professional liability, and environmental law Jerry has devoted over 20 years of his practice to the asbestos litigation, representing manufacturers, suppliers, fabricators, employers and premises owners in state and federal courts in multiple jurisdictions including Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Massachusetts, Maine, Rhode Island, and New York. He serves these entities as local, regional, and national coordinating counsel.
Immediately prior to joining the firm in May 2005, Mr. Bobnak defended a national banking and lending institution and a number of its subsidiaries in a broad range of civil matters in state, federal and bankruptcy court, with particular emphasis in defending these entities against truth-in-lending, fair credit, breach of contract, fraud and consumer protection claims. Mr. Bobnak also represented a regional engineering and design firm in a number of cases alleging professional liability. For a number of years he represented several Fortune 500 companies and regional businesses in litigation involving mass toxic tort claims, transportation loss disputes, professional engineer liability, environmental claims, and domestic relations disputes.
Mr. Bobnak is a volunteer attorney for a number of non-profit organizations. His pro bono work includes representing artists and entertainers in arts-related transactions and litigation; representing prisoners in civil rights litigation and in a capital case; and advising indigent clients in a variety of legal matters.
Professional and Community Organizations:
- Philadelphia Lawyers for the Indigent, Volunteer Attorney, 1992 – 2002
- Philadelphia Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts , Volunteer Attorney, 1992 – Present,
- Member, PVLA Legal Services and Event Committees
- Willistown Township, PA, Environmental Advisory Council, 1998 – Present
- Publications and Presentations:Western Michigan University College of Fine Arts Symposium: “Survival Skills and Personal Management in the Arts,” Faculty Presentation: “The Young Artist And The Law – Five Commandments For Starting Your Career,” January 2004
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute, CLE Faculty: “Forum on Entertainment Law,” November, 1997
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute, CLE Faculty: “Representing Artists and Creative Arts Organizations,” April, 1997
Representative Asbestos Litigation Presentations:
- Presenter on “Tri-State (PA/NJ/DE) Asbestos Litigation Update” CLE, for The Great American Insurance Group, November 2013
- Presenter on “Tri-State (PA/NJ/DE) Asbestos Litigation Update” CLE and “Sharing The Pain-The Impact of The Growing Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts on The Asbestos Litigation” CLE, for Resolute Management Mid-West, Chicago, July 2012
- Co-Presenter on Asbestos Litigation Potpourri: “Sharing The Pain-The Impact of The Growing Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts on The Asbestos Litigation” CLE for Resolute Management New England, Philadelphia, January 2012.
- Co-Presenter on Asbestos Litigation Potpourri: “Sharing The Pain-The Impact of The Growing Asbestos Bankruptcy Trusts on The Asbestos Litigation” – Resolute Management Mid-Atlantic, Philadelphia, September 2011.