Mr. Margulies focuses his practice in the handling of complex civil litigation. He has extensive experience in the defense of physicians, nurses, hospitals, clinical laboratories and other healthcare-related entities in high exposure medical malpractice cases. Over the course of his career, he has handled hundreds of cases involving catastrophic personal injury claims and has developed particular expertise in the defense of brain injury cases. Mr. Margulies has also handled a wide range of litigation matters involving malpractice claims against attorneys and other professionals, medical device litigation, product liability, commercial disputes, transportation litigation, ERISA claims and class action cases. Based on his experience handling complex cases, he understands that the successful defense of his clients requires developing proficiency in the issues unique to each case and maintaining a strong network of top-notch experts.
Mr. Margulies has more than 25 years of experience litigating cases in state and federal courts throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey. He has a proven record of success trying cases to verdict in Philadelphia and the surrounding counties. Mr. Margulies also has extensive experience in alternative dispute resolution, including arbitration and mediation.
Mr. Margulies joined the firm in 1997 and has been a shareholder since 2000.
- Featured Speaker (Co-Presenter), “Expert Testimony,” Andrews Pharmaceutical Litigation Seminar, September 27, 1999
- Selected as Pennsylvania Rising Star, 2005, Law & Politics/Philadelphia Magazine
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers (2007, 2009 – 2014)
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- How to ‘Daubert-Proof’ Your Expert Witnesses (Co-Author), Leader’s Product Liability, Law and Strategy, Vol . XVII, No. 6, December, 1998